Welcome to Year 6!
The Year 6 Meet the Teacher Powerpoint can be found here. If you have any questions, please email your teacher or catch one of us at the door in the morning!
New information re Secondary Admissions to be found here.
We hope you have had a lovely time over the summer and we are sure you are now ready to start the new school year, so welcome to Year 6! Mr. Purton, Mrs. Chapman, Mrs Fleming and Mrs Graham are looking forward to getting to know you and working together so that we have a very exciting and productive year. We hope that you enjoy the new challenges and preparation for secondary school that year 6 has to offer.
Curie Class - Mr. Purton and Mrs Hulls (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Owens Class - Mrs Chapman andMrs St.Clair/Mrs Panayioutou (email@example.com)
Attenborough Class - Mrs Fleming and Mrs Potter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs Graham will also be teaching in Year 6, working with all three classes throughout the week.
We recommend the following website to support your children with the first term of Year 6. Please click on the links to visit the page:
Below are the list of year 6 spellings for the year. Please use them to support your children with their English.
- The class doors will be open from 8.45-9.00am. If your child arrives after this time, please take them to the school office. (School telephone number 01322 663792)
- The school day ends at 3.15pm. If you are unable to collect your child, please telephone the school office.
- In year 6 many children begin to walk home from school alone or with friends, we are happy for them to do so (as long as you are!) please could you write us a note if you would like this to happen,
- The children will be doing PE on Monday and Friday. However, sometimes plans change, so we would ask that children have their PE kit in school everyday please. For the colder months this can include jogging bottoms.
- Please make sure your child’s water bottle is in school every day and that their name is written clearly on the bottle. Please provide children with a pencil case containing handwriting pen, pencil, whiteboard pen, coloured pens/pencils, rubber, ruler, glue stick and sharpener.
- Home learning will continue to be given out on Thursday and is to be submitted on Class Dojo by Wednesday please.