Welcome to Year 6!
Happy New Year!
Unfortunately we are unable to all be together again, but we will be providing you with online learning here for the current school closure. Please take time to do the learning that we have provided, as well as keeping up to date with TT Rockstars, Sir Linkalot and Spag.com. If you have any queries about the work, or you need support/logins then please contact Mr Purton or Mrs Chapman. Our email addresses are below:
Thank you for your support!
Mr Purton, Mrs Chapman and Mrs Graham.
Week 2 - wb 11th January 2021
Thank you for you patience last week whilst we were getting familiar with our new app for submitting work. It is greatly appreciated by us all, as we have been learning along with you! We feel it is a great platform for us to keep in close contact with the children and parents, and we can provide quick feedback on work.
This week, please continue with Sir Linkalot, TT Rockstars and reading alongside the learning timetable below. Please also keep active, whether that is Just Dance videos on youtube, or tuning into Joe Wicks who is back this week. The BBC are also showing learning progammes which you may want to access.
Please only submit learning this week through Class Dojo, we are able to store all of the children's learning in one portal that way, and it is easier for us to monitor!
Team Year 6
Week 1 - wb 4th January 2021
Below is the learning timetable for this week. Children are expected to complete all the learning that is in the timetable, and we recommend it is done on the day that it is set. There is plenty for the children to work through, and it is the same learning that they would have been doing in school.
The work expectations are the same as we would expect from the children in school, and they should complete learning with the same level of effort. Some of the learning will be submitted on Purple Mash, and some will require photo evidence to be submitted on Class Dojo. Please make sure the activities are submitted so that we can feedback to the children on their learning.
The children should also continue to use TT Rockstars to supplement their maths, if you require your child's login then please contact their teacher.
Please continue spelling using Sir Linkalot, and practice the Blue Blyton and Water Wells spelling lists. Make sure you complete the quizzes and record your scores!
We have also attached the Early Morning Starter Grid, but this is more for the children to have a recap of their learning and does not need to be submitted. The musician of the week is ABBA, so feel free to listen to their music whilst you work!
Good luck, we look forward to seeing everything you produce this week!
RE POWERPOINT - THERE ARE ISSUES WITH POWERPOINT, IT IS ATTACHED HERE
Be active this week, whether you start the day with a wake and shake, or do some stretches after lunch! On YouTube there are different channels you can use to help you with a workout, and we've listed some below:
We hope you have had a lovely time over the summer and we are sure you are now ready to start the new school year, so welcome to Year 6! Mr. Purton, Mrs. Chapman and Mrs Graham are looking forward to getting to know you and working together so that we have a very exciting and productive year. We hope that you enjoy the new challenges and preparation for secondary school that year 6 has to offer.
Curie Class - Mr. Purton and Miss Blayney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Owens Class - Mrs Chapman and Mrs Hulls (email@example.com)
Mrs Graham will also be teaching in Year 6, working with both classes on Wednesday, Curie on Thursday and Owens on Friday.
We recommend the following website to support your children with the first term of Year 6. Please click on the links to visit the page:
Below are the list of year 6 spellings for the year. Please use them to support your children with their English.
- The class doors will be open from 8.45-9.00am. If your child arrives after this time, please take them to the school office. (School telephone number 01322 663792)
- The school day ends at 3.15pm. If you are unable to collect your child, please telephone the school office.
- In year 6 many children begin to walk home from school alone or with friends, we are happy for them to do so (as long as you are!) please could you write us a note if you would like this to happen,
- The children will be doing PE on Monday and Friday. However, sometimes plans change, so we would ask that children have their PE kit in school everyday please. For the colder months this can include jogging bottoms.
- Please make sure your child’s water bottle is in school every day and that their name is written clearly on the bottle. Please provide children with a pencil case containing handwriting pen, pencil, whiteboard pen, coloured pens/pencils, rubber, ruler, glue stick and sharpener.
- Home learning will continue to be given out on Thursday and is to be returned by Tuesday please.